Tuesday, July 19, 2011

#13. Take a Cooking Class

Task #13: Take a Cooking Class
Suggested by: Me
Completed: 7/19/11

I've completed my first task today - my dad and I took the trek out to Chesterland, Ohio to attend a gelato making class at the Paganini Cooking School.  The name of the class was sort of a misnomer - we didn't only learn to make gelato. We learned how to make sorbet, granita, ice cream, gelato, chocolate mousse, fudgesicles, pizzelles and more.  And the best part of making all these things?  We got to taste everything (more than once!) - chocolate hazelnut gelato, pistachio gelato, strawberry ice cream, vanilla ice cream, lemon sorbet, coffee granita.  Our class was headed by Loretta Paganini herself, an amazingly interesting and stunning woman who captures your attention and teaches you in a way that you don't even realize you are being taught.  Rather, she makes you feel like you are just old friends catching up in her kitchen while she happens to whip up fantastic desserts effortlessly.  Dad and I even volunteered to make the pistachio gelato together in front of the class, we make quite a team, he and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment