Monday, October 3, 2011

Task #3: Grow my own vegetables (4/1/11 - 10/1/11)

Task #3: Grow my own vegetables (4/1/11 - 10/1/11)
Suggested by: Me
Completed: 4/11 – 10/11

This summer was my first chance to plant a garden in my very own backyard.  I picked a 3 foot by 10 foot plot and fit in lettuce, basil, parsley, cilantro, rosemary, 1 peanut plant, 5 pepper plants, and 6 tomato plants.  I also potted more basil, strawberries, and chives.  The summer weather was sort of up and down – it got really hot, really wet and this lead to a lot of weed pulling and sometimes a garden that looked like a rain forest.  The tomato plants weren’t as successful as I had hoped and a lot of the larger tomatoes were stolen or eaten off the vine by the squirrel.  But the peppers were definitely plentiful, the basil grew out of control and the chives are still going strong despite the early cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment